Mission Battleship Clandestine Dinner // 10/6/11
One of our favorite events of all was the time we threw a party on the SS Jeremiah O’Brien during Fleet Week. This WWII Liberty Ship docked in San Francisco’s Pier 45 was an incredible venue for a nautically inspired party. But we had to take it to the next level with celebrity impersonator Not Tom Cruise, local Reggae/Latin/Hip-hop band Bayonics and the one and only Reggie Watts. The evening of maritime cocktails and mess-hall cuisine mashed up with Mission Chinese’s Danny Bowien was enjoyed by over 500 attendees.
Zagat Presents Crowns of Summer // 6/6/12
Located at the portal to Sonoma Valley, Ram’s Gate Winery has become a treasured first stop on the wine trail. To honor their members and toast to summer, they asked us to curate a dinner peppered with tales of how our chefs hunted and foraged for each of the four courses. Ram’s Gate’s winemaker WHO IS THIS? shared the philosophy behind each wine pairing.
- Epic 4-course feast showcasing seasonal Bay Area bounty and the vineyard’s ultra-exclusive Red label & White Label wines.
- Strip loin with peas, trumpet mushrooms, onion soubise and pickled ramps
- “Faux” gras terrine with sesame, green strawberry and oxtails
Wilderness Dinner // 1/20/13
Hosting a wilderness dinner with Scribe Winery made perfect sense; their practice of “Forever Wild Farming” results in terroir-driven wines. This philosophy and shared passion for the land and clandestine activities makes Scribe an apropos huckleberry for this dining endeavor. This lavish dinner was held at the beloved Pacific Rod & Gun Club, where we celebrated local game and wine with fellow diners on a winter evening.
- dungeness and other crabs-seaweeds, ling cod, halibut
- goose, duck
- nasturtium, oxalis leaf and flowers, wild onion blossoms, alyssium, mustard flowers, wild watercress, miners lettuce, chickweed, wild nettles, wild arugula, sea rocket, winter citrus, chanterelles, black trumpets, blewitt mushrooms, wild pig, hare
- 2011 Carneros Chardonnay
- 2011 Estate Riesling
- 2011 Carneros Pinot Noir
- 2008 Napa ValleyCabernet Sauvignon