Polly’s Paladar Cerf Club // 9/18/15
Our second collaboration with this kindred private supper club was a Hawaiian-themed dinner to share our wine label, Cerf Club, with Polly’s diners in the Sierra Foothills. Since the name riffs on the idea that the french word for “deer” sounds like “surf,” we went all aloha on this one.
Megan McCollam is the story behind Polly’s Paladar and represents the true essence of the supper club. For over six years, she has opened her home and welcomed in diners for special communal dinners with a range of themes based on the chef she’s featuring. We’ve had the privilege of participating in 5 “Paladars” over the years and have gotten to know this special lady and the town she represents quite well. Pay attention to her calendar if you find yourself making your way through the Pacific Coast Trail and stumble into the friendly confines of Nevada City.
- Devilled Eggs/ miso, togarashi
- Albacore Poke/ ogo, maui onion, sesame, ginger
- Stag “SPAM” Musubi
- Pineapple/ olive oil sorbet, chili vinegar, celery, togorashi
- Porchetta di Testa/ li hing mui vin, hearts of palm, macadamia, cilantro stem, fried shallot
- Heirloom Tomato/ corn, wakame, miso vinaigrette, radish sprouts
- Bone Dashi/ daikon, pork meatball, black garlic, scallion
- Spicy Marinated Pork/ kimchi, fermented bean, sesame garlic, jalapeños, lettuce
- Kalua Pork Sausage
- Mo’s Mac Salad
- Seeded Rice
- Great Grandma’s Sweet Bread/ whipped koji butter
- Butter Mochi/ toasted coconut, mango