Clos Du Val Coterie Supper in the Vines // 8/31/17
Our friends at Clos Du Val winery invited us to cook for their annual Coterie Supper in the Vines of their historic Stag’s Leap District vineyard. Clos Du Val was one of the original 6 wineries who were selected for the Judgement of Paris in 1972, which put Napa Valley wines on the global wine map, so collaborating with this iconic winery was undoubtedly an honor. Guests were lead through the estate by Clos Du Val’s Jon-Mark Chappellet, followed by a reception featuring live music, canapes and exceptional wines. Enjoying an al fresco family style dinner in the vineyard, guests sipped Clos Du Val’s current releases and some of their renowned library wines, including their 1975 cabernet that burst with bell pepper, a signature of classic Napa cabernet.
- Early Girl Tomato-watermelon Gazpacho avocado, cucumber, radish
- Charred Broccoli caper, raisin, chili, lemon, parmesan
- Sprouted Wheat-berries tomato, corn, chanterelles, purslane
- Grilled Hanger Steak nardello peppers, fennel-nasturtium salsa verde
- Toasted Filone tomato seed, garlic
- Cheesecake In a Jar huckleberry, pistachio crumble, tarragon